Monday, August 30, 2010

Practice for my future role as a Soccer Mom

My brother came down to visit the family and to also attend at swing dance event happening in town this past weekend. The dance and classes were being held at a local university about 20 minutes away from my house. I figured I could drive him back and forth to the university to help him out so he didn't have to rent a car or take public transportation. My sister, who is our live in Nanny, also had some things going on this weekend. She doesn't drive my car yet because she is still unfamiliar with the city and doesn't really do parallel parking. And I had errands to run and some of my own things going on.

I'm sure this is not the case, but I certainly feel like I spent most of my weekend in the car. I definitely have the route to this university memorized even though I'll probably never go back. There was one day where I had to get one person to one thing very early so the other could be on-time and then pick someone up late so the other person could be picked up at the right time. I felt like I needed some sort of colored coded spreadsheet. Is this what a soccer mom feels like?

When Baby Em gets older and starts all her activities I may need to take a class in Scheduling or Time Management or something. Luckily the idea of carpooling has been around forever so I'm sure that will help out. But until then I think I did pretty well on my trial run as Soccer Mom extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment